In 1860, the Manuel Tavares grocery store was opened on the small street of Betesga 1A / B in Lisbon, an establishment that has survived to date and has the 'best gourmet store of 2016' award.
In 1860, the Manuel Tavares grocery store was opened on the small street of Betesga 1A / B in Lisbon, an establishment that has survived to date and has the 'best gourmet store of 2016' award. During its long run, the store has been creating lasting relationships with its clientele, based on personalized and caring service. Every customer can count on the help of the employees to find that special product that he looks for, always with the certainty of advising with someone who knows the quality marketed in the establishment. Although the business is a fine grocery store, Manuel Tavares always makes a point of betting on the best quality-price ratio, because according to the owners, everyone deserves to buy the best quality, at the best prices.
The business was run by the Tavares family until 1993, but even in the exchange of ownership to new management, their legacy was felt. The new partner had worked during his childhood in similar grocery stores, also owned by the Tavares family and had great esteem for this type of business. He knew, therefore, how to keep the spirit of the house intact, as well as the type of products marketed. The drinks occupy a prominent place, especially reserves and rare brands, worthy of the most fervent connoisseurs. Port wines, cognac and old spirits liven up the establishment's bookcases, with their crimson reds and golden yellows, resting in elegant bottles. Of course, you can not drink without snacking: cheeses, cold cuts, dried fruits and traditional sweets make the mouths of sweet or savory mouths.
The new management has also opened the doors to new technologies. Nowadays, this grocery store has a very welcome online store (www.manueltavares.com), with mention to promotions and suggestions of the house. A nice fusion between the old and the modern no doubt. However, if you are really uncertain as to what to buy, the wise, personalized service remains irreplaceable. Proof of this is the continued affluence that the store enjoys and always enjoyed. There are several generations and families that visit Manuel Tavares daily, where people treat us by name and know what we want before we can verbalize it. A very beloved house in Lisbon, in which every customer is unique!
Mon. to Sat. 09:30 to 19:30 Sun. Closed
Cookies are used to maintain visitor information, allowing to determine your preferences, assist you in completing forms, as well as collect performance indicators, origin and time of access to the website.
There are two cookie groups that can be used
• Permanent cookies - cookies that are stored at the browser level in the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the websites of ComércioNosso. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing a more personalized service.
• Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing the identification of problems and providing a better browsing experience.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Allow websites to navigate and use applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
• Save user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
• Ensuring the security of your account
• Improve the performance of web pages
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
Google Analytics Data
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!